Kensington Outpatient Clinic
We are excited to announce the opening of our Kensington Outpatient Clinic located at 10400 Connecticut Avenue, Suite 500, Kensington, Maryland 20895.
Our outpatient programs are based on relational theories of the mind. Research suggests that the quality of the relationship between the provider and the client is the best predictor of good outcomes. The focus of our work is to support clients in their pursuit of life goals. While at times medication is necessary, we believe in the restorative power of therapeutic relationships. For very complex and traditional treatment-resistant cases, modern biological treatments are made available such as Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation.
Our Kensington Outpatient Center services include:
- Psychiatric Assessment and Consultation
- Complex Case Treatment Planning
- Medication Management
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Group Therapy
- Couple/Family Therapy
- Psychological Testing
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/CareFirst
- United Behavioral Health
To make an appointment:
- Please call 202-360-4787 for an initial appointment.
- To schedule an evaluation for TMS please call 1-855-333-4867, text TMS to 72727, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Institutional Services: Systems of Care
AXIS provides ready access to higher levels of care for severely ill clients. Our treatment teams collaborate to best determine which level of care will be most beneficial and guide our clients on how to access care. AXIS provides professional services in the Emergency Room, and Intensive Outpatient, Addictions, Duel Diagnosis, Partial Hospitalization, and both voluntary and involuntary Inpatient Programs. Current institutional arrangements include Suburban Hospital and MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center.
Aging Related Services
We provide a broad range of psychiatric, psychotherapeutic and advisory services. Our guiding principles avoid medicalizing the aging process. Our approach to aging is focused on the developmental task of aging. The AXIS approach promotes healthy aging by combating loneliness and helping our partners manage patients. Our team cares of clients in a variety of settings that include independent living, assisted living, and skilled nursing settings.
Our comprehensive and cost-effective mental health services for long-term care facilities include:
- proactive detection of mental health problems, preventing the need for crisis management
- non-pharmacological and necessary pharmacological treatments
- psychological testing and psychotherapy services for patients
- psychoeducational and psychotherapy services for family members
Find out more about our aging-related services.